|The 2012 Inland Seas Classic Boat Show will be conjunction with the Leelanau Wine, Food and Music Festival on Saturday July 21, 2012.|
The Classic Boat Show was held annually for 25 years until 2004. Inland Seas plans to revive the show and make it an annual event. "We are pleased to bring the Classic Boat Show back to Suttons Bay" said ISEA's Executive Director Tom Kelly. "This event will bring together a diverse group of sailboats, motorboats, canoes, kayaks, rowboats and prams and will give the public a chance to meet the owners and see these boats up close".
This year's Classic Boat Show is dedicated to the memory of Mark Pleune, who was one of the long-time organizers of this event.
* Sailing trips aboard the Friendship sloop Liberty
* Harbor tours aboard the classic M/Y Liberty
* Dockside tours aboard the schooner Inland Seas
* Wooden canoe and pram building demonstration
* Nautical Flea Market all day
* Raffle of 16' Abinaki canoe at 5 pm. Tickets are only $10
The Classic Boat Show is free and will be a fun event for all ages.
If you would like to display your classic boat at this event, please contact the ISEA office for a registration form.
For information on the Leelanau Peninsula Wine, Food & Music Festival click here.